Ensuring your digital product is accessible benefits everyone. To illustrate why digital accessibility is so important, we created this infographic.
Types of impairments that may affect how people use your website
• Visual impairments such as low vision, colour blindness and blindness.
• Auditory impairments like people with restricted hearing or who are deaf.
• Mobility impairments such as inability to make fine movements or inability to use a mouse or keyboard.
• Cognitive impairments, which includes people with dyslexia, learning disabilities and even memory loss.
It’s bigger than you think!
Accessibility benefits people with or without disabilities, including:
• Older people and new users
• People who don’t have or are unable to use a keyboard/mouse
• People not fluent in English
• People with temporary disabilities due to accident/illness
3 reasons to make your website accessible
1. Increase your audience customer base
2. It may provide significant financial benefits
3. It’s the right thing to do legally and morally
Did you know?
People with a disability have a global annual spending power of $996 billion*.
Your content needs to be accessible for everyone.