As a member of the UM team, you will design strategic solutions for our clients using UX tools and best practices.
We want someone who is passionate about user experience and will share that passion with our team, our clients, and our colleagues in the field.
Usability Matters is a dynamic firm devoted exclusively to user experience. We are an established boutique agency with a stellar reputation in Toronto and beyond.
We offer a dynamic and supportive working environment. We believe in work-life balance, as well as providing a breadth of experience and education. Our varied client list affords us the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across many industry sectors.
Our pride in our team and our work shows in everything we do.
We need someone who:
- Has aptitude, experience AND passion, in the UX field
- Is a college or university graduate in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Has experience gathering requirements from clients for complex user interfaces
- Can provide high-level strategic recommendations on all aspects of the user experience, across various channels (web, mobile, social media)
- Can dive deep: designing the structure, navigation, functionality and interfaces of effective and engaging user interactions
- Can do this using wireframes, flow diagrams, conceptual models, IA diagrams and other deliverables
- Understands the sweet spot between business requirements and user needs and can bring this to life in the design of an experience
- Has demonstrated their ability to work within constraints – technical, business or other
- Has experience coordinating, running and reporting on usability studies and other forms of design research
- Understands how to present and communicate their recommendations and designs to client teams
- Has experience doing or overseeing visual design
- Can wrangle Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Is an expert with Omnigraffle, Axure, Morae and/or other UX tools
You might be the right person if you:
- Can inspire and motivate colleagues and clients to achieve the best possible design
- Have a great client manner and are comfortable in any professional setting
- Know what’s trending but are more interested in innovating based on user needs
- Can think big, then roll up your sleeves and get hands-on
- Know the rules, and know when to break them
To fit into our team you’ll need to:
- Adhere and adapt to tight schedules and project conditions
- Be able to roll with the punches and adapt when things change
- Appreciate collaboration and encourage debate
- Have no problem pitching in where needed to get the job done
- Put your dishes in the dishwasher, not the sink
This opportunity may be contract or full-time, depending on the skills, suitability and preference of the selected applicant.
Forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- Portfolio or samples of relevant work
- Your salary/compensation expectations
We are interviewing as we receive applicants and will close this opportunity when we’ve found the appropriate fit for our team. Hope to hear from you!